"Accounts"

About: Central Gippsland Health

(as a relative),

A close family member was an inpatient at Central Gippsland Health Service in early 2015. He was a patient on the Medical Ward where he received excellent care. On discharge he was supplied with some compression stockings. A month later we got a bill for the stockings $110. 00 which I paid. One year later I received the bill again. I explained that I had paid the bill but because I hadn't kept the receipt and they had no record I paid it again. I kept the receipt for the 2nd time I paid it but threw it out recently. Lo and behold one year later I got the account again! ! Once again I rang up and the girl said it would be sorted out. But no! Again I get the bill and again they have no record of payment! So I'll have to pay it again. $330! I never received a monthly bill for this account but instead I received yearly bills. So if you pay an account at the front desk never throw the receipt out and don't rely on monthly statements.

Response from Frank Evans, CEO, Central Gippsland Health

Dear Disgruntled

I am unsure how this could happen and I will look into it straight away for you.

Are you happy to email the bill details to me at frank.evans@cghs.com.au

I am very sorry and I will organise to refund any money we owe you.

Regards

Frank

• Disgruntled thinks this response is helpful

Recently read