"Accounts"

About: Central Gippsland Health

(as a relative),

A close family member was an inpatient at Central Gippsland Health Service in early 2015. He was a patient on the Medical Ward where he received excellent care. On discharge he was supplied with some compression stockings. A month later we got a bill for the stockings $110. 00 which I paid. One year later I received the bill again. I explained that I had paid the bill but because I hadn't kept the receipt and they had no record I paid it again. I kept the receipt for the 2nd time I paid it but threw it out recently. Lo and behold one year later I got the account again! ! Once again I rang up and the girl said it would be sorted out. But no! Again I get the bill and again they have no record of payment! So I'll have to pay it again. $330! I never received a monthly bill for this account but instead I received yearly bills. So if you pay an account at the front desk never throw the receipt out and don't rely on monthly statements.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from Frank Evans, CEO, Central Gippsland Health

Dear Disgruntled

I am unsure how this could happen and I will look into it straight away for you.

Are you happy to email the bill details to me at frank.evans@cghs.com.au

I am very sorry and I will organise to refund any money we owe you.

Regards

Frank

• Disgruntled thinks this response is helpful

Recently read