You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Caring staff"

About: Princess Margaret Hospital for Children

(as a carer),

My children were recently involved in a bad car accident and they spent 2 nights in PMH.   The care received was excellent.   The nursing and medical staff were thorough and very caring.   I do think however that the food provided to both children and the parent staying in the hospital with the child could be greatly improved to be healthier and generally more appetising.

Response from Victor Cheng, Executive Director, Health Service Managament

Dear worried parent

Thanks for taking the time to post about your recent experience at PMH. I hope your children are recovering well from the accident.

Thank you for your compliments about our staff. At PMH we are committed to a number of values including excellence, integrity and respect. I am delighted that our team demonstrated these values in the care they provided to your family.

All meals at PMH have been developed in consultation with the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, with PMH providing freshly cooked meals for patients across more than 70 different diet codes and types. Food is prepared and provided with a ‘safety first’ approach, especially as food allergy has doubled in Australia in the last 10 years. I’m sorry that your children didn’t enjoy their meals and will pass your comments on to the team for their consideration. We are always looking to make improvements based on the feedback we receive.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Best wishes,