You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Surgery at Royal Perth Hospital."

About: Royal Perth Hospital / Emergency Department Royal Perth Hospital / Short Stay Surgical Unit Ward 4A & Day Surgery Unit Ward 4B/4G

I presented at RPH with an ongoing problem with my foot, resulting from being stung by a stingray, which got rapidly worse.

I turned up with a book to read, and an expectation that there are priorities at a hospital and I’d, rightly so, be well down the list of urgency.

Once in, the problem was found, information shared with me, and surgery was needed.

Staff were wonderful throughout.

Surgery.

I was admitted, then cancelled due to emergencies. But hey it’s a hospital, and I’ll gladly step aside and let the hospital do their job.

Next day, back in, and surgery went ahead.

Nursing staff, wonderful throughout, with such beautiful attitudes .

Surgery staff, talented and communicative.

The anaesthetist a truly nice man who instilled confidence, I couldn’t have asked for more.

The surgeon. What an amazing man. I’m guessing he’s an inspiration to those around him. I found him almost instantly inspiring.

In conclusion. I’m not one for writing reviews, nor institutions contesting for star ratings, but this has been one time I’d like to share.

An exceptional group of people, doing an amazing job, in a tough environment.

I’m grateful to all who work there, and uplifted to encounter such a group of people working together so well.

Response from Aresh Anwar, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear kd64

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are very proud of the team work, level of professionalism and dedication shown by the range of departments and staff that is required to ensure patient care is seamless, timely, safe and high quality. In particular, the surgical team have been reviewing their processes and working very hard to ensure that patients in need of surgery, irrespective of being planned or emergency, are offered treatment as quickly as possible. Your feedback is encouraging in this respect.

I would like to also reflect on your feedback regarding inspiration and leadership. These are values that we really look for and try and nurture in all of our staff. When staff lead by example it helps support our junior staff in particular, especially at times that can be extremely stressful, and helps attract high calibre staff and teams. We believe this translates into better patient care and outcomes. We are lucky in having some truly inspiring staff.

I will ensure teams are made aware of your feedback - a lovely way for all to start the day.

Thank you once again and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr Aresh Anwar