"Don't forget the big guys!"

About: Broome Health Campus Royal Perth Hospital

I have had to go to hospital a few times recently and I have the same problem each time. I am extremely tall and find it difficult to find or buy pyjamas that are big enough. The biggest I could find is 2XL and I am a 4XL. Every time I go to hospital they don't have pyjamas that are big enough for me. There are a lot of big guys out here in Broome who work for the mines, etc., so I mustn't be the only one.

They don't have to have many, just a few for those of us who are bigger guys. I have had to wear a gown front and back and it is embarrassing. I still feel embarrassed now.

If nothing else, I hope my story saves another big guy from experiencing the same embarrassment.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from Donna Hindmarsh, Operations Manager, East Kimberley, WACHS - Kimberley We have made a change

Dear Hospital pyjamas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to apologise for any embarrassment that you felt in the time you were with us in Broome Hospital. We appreciate your request for change in the future and have set about addressing the issue. As a result of the story you relayed to us, we are ordering larger size pyjamas which should arrive in the next few weeks. Should you need to visit Broome Hospital in the future we will have the appropriately sized pyjamas which I'm sure will be appreciated with other patients in the same position.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and sharing your story on Patient Opinion. We appreciate your feedback as it helps up to improve the patient journey for future patients facing the same situation.

Kind regards,

Donna Hindmarsh

A/Operations Manager

Broome Hospital

Response from Rachele Humbert, Operations Manager, Derby Fitzroy Valley, WACHS We are preparing to make a change

Dear Hospital pyjamas,

Thanks for your feedback about your experience at Broome Hospital, we have also made a change at Derby Hospital.

We checked the sizes of patient gowns we stock at Derby Hospital and also found we needed larger sizes to ensure we cater for all inpatients.

The laundry is ordering larger sizes and like Broome, we expect our supplies will arrive by mid to late February.

Thank you for your story. Patient feedback like this helps us to improve our services.

Kind regards,