"PATS Services Carnarvon"

About: Carnarvon Hospital

I have recently had a breast cancer diagnosis requiring surgery and treatment in Perth.

As one can imagine, such an experience has huge impacts on someone living rural and remote in Carnarvon.

I would sincerely like to thank both Rachel and Teeka at Carnarvon Hospital. Not only have both ladies been very sensitive in handling my case, their efficiency is to be commended. Communication has been excellent making for smooth transfers between treatment cycles. Their work comes highly recommended. Thank you.

Response from Michele Young, Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services, WACHS - Midwest

Dear Smooth transfers

How generous of you to take the time to share your story on Patient Opinion during what must be a very difficult time for you. We value your feedback and our staff love to hear when the work that they do is acknowledged in such a positive way. The team at the Carnarvon Hospital are a compassionate caring group of individuals and I will ensure your kind words are passed on to Rachel and Teeka as I know they will be so pleased that they were able to support you during your treatment journey.

I acknowledge the added pressures when living in a rural area and being treated for a serious illness. Ensuring country patients have the same level of access to care is important to WA country Health Service and is something that we are continuously working to improve.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and I wish you all the very best for your recovery.

Warm regards