You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Compassion"

About: Fiona Stanley Hospital

(as a relative),

My mother was not feeling well during radiation treatment and lost her steroids.   Her script was in Broome where she lives.   There were no doctors available in chemotherapy or radiology on a Saturday, so in desperation I went to 7C.   There was the nicest Pharmacist who could see I needed help and went out of his way to find a doctor who was also nice enough to take time in his busy schedule.   This act of kindness makes a big difference for country patients with limited support systems.   Thank you.

Response from Janet Zagari, Executive Director Transformation, South Metropolitan Health Service, South Metropolitan Health Service

Dear Happy Patient 2017

Thank you for your comments about your mother’s recent treatment at Fiona Stanley Hospital.

I was very pleased to hear that our staff went out of their way to help you and your mother in what must have been a stressful time for you. I understand that coming from the country brings additional complications that can make hospital stays more difficult.

I was delighted to be able to share your remarks with the team involved. Our staff go above and beyond on so many occasions without specific acknowledgement and it is a privilege to be able to pass on your thanks to the staff involved.

I hope that your mother is recovering well.

Best wishes