You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Exceptional care given at Maroondah ED"

About: Maroondah Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

Recently, after having to give my 10 month old baby an epipen for anaphylaxis, the ambulance took us to Maroondah. I was terrified, but I was quickly reassured by a beautiful calm, caring and very competent Dr David. He and his team provided prompt and vigilant care to my baby and I am so grateful. It was thankfully a very good outcome and our baby is their happy beautiful self. I was nervous going to Maroondah (not being a specialised paediatric hospital), but my expectations were far exceeded. A massive thank you to the nurse Erin whose care was also exceptional and she took the time to visit us in short stay before she went home. Can’t thank you enough. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡

Response from Gayle Smith, Executive Director, Quality, Planning and Innovation, Eastern Health

Dear Proudmummylou,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback regarding your experience at Maroondah Hospital. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience and that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff take great pride in being able to meet the needs of their patients and I am very pleased to hear that we could deal with the needs for your baby in such a positive way. I will make sure to pass this feedback onto the Maroondah ED team and particularly to Dr David and nurse Erin.

I trust your baby is now well and you enjoy your first Christmas together.

Regards,