You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"My child’s stutter"

About: Broome Health Campus / Allied Health

(as a parent/guardian),

My child had experienced difficulties at school due to a speech delay. My partner and I were referred to Joan for speech pathology appointments to figure out how to help my child, as they were falling behind at school. The issue wasn’t psychological- my child understood what was being asked of them, they just had trouble articulating an answer verbally.

Joan was amazing and straight away she gave me so much information to help my child. My child had a stutter, which I had not considered before as a stereotypical stutter is syllable based, not entire words. All this time my child had repeated words due to a stutter and once we knew how to help, my child got better in leaps and bounds.

The information and hands on approach Joan had throughout the process was amazing and really beneficial and she cared which is a big one.

Overall I feel really happy with my child's care and I’m so glad we were referred.

Response from Kristen Campbell, Senior Occupational Therapist - Derby, Allied Health, WACHS Kimberleuy

Dear indusyr44

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on the care and support that you received from Speech Pathology at Broome Hospital. It is great to hear that the information and strategies provided by Joan were so effective in improving your child’s stutter.

Your acknowledgement and praise of the services received has been passed on to Joan and is very much appreciated.

Campbell Kristen