"24/7 access to medical services"

About: Kununurra Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a parent/guardian),

My 6 month old had their first episode of croup last year and we attended Kununurra District Hospital Emergency Department as they couldn't breathe at around midnight. As soon as we walked in, there was a nurse and a doctor available to assess and treat our baby. With the required medication and our baby happily responded very quickly. There has always been 24/7 access to wonderful nurses at Kununurra ED and the new 24/7 access to a doctor onsite was so important to the prompt care and attention we received - the nurses didn't have to call and wake up a sleeping doctor to get the prescription and approval to administer the medication. Thank you for making this service available round the clock, it is very much appreciated!

Response from Donna Hindmarsh, Operations Manager, East Kimberley, WACHS - Kimberley

Dear Mojo Mumma,

I am pleased to hear about your positive experience through the Emergency Department at Kununurra Hospital. We have improved the level of clinical care we provide to our East Kimberley Community, by increasing medical coverage to 24/7 at Kununurra Hospital. It is a pleasure to know that the changes are being well received. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I will ensure our staff are informed of your comments. I hope your baby has remained well.

Donna