"Two Emergency Department Visits"

About: Geraldton Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a parent/guardian),

Within a week of each other, I had to go to the ED with two of my younger kids, both with injuries. Anthony, the Nurse Practioner, saw us both times. He was fabulous - he was so calming and kind to the children, he put my mind at ease and explained everything clearly, and he was so knowledgeable and efficient.

Response from Michele Young, Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services, WACHS - Midwest

Dear beidnz64

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful compliment about Anthony from the Geraldton Hospital Emergency Department particularly in what must have been a very busy time with two injured children. I am so pleased to hear you and your little ones had a positive experience and that you were treated with kindness and kept informed throughout your visits. As a mother myself, I understand it is scary when a child is unwell or injured and that something as simple as good communication can make a huge difference.

We receive a lot of stories on Patient Opinion about Anthony and the great care that he provides, he is a consummate professional. I certainly will take great pleasure in passing your kind words on to Anthony.

I hope your children have both recovered well and I wish you all the very best.

Warm regards