You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Category 2 Surgery - waiting too long"

About: Box Hill Hospital

Received my letter stating I was added to Category 2 Waiting List dated 5th October 2018. Preferred treatment time within 90 days as per guidelines (average wait time per website is much less than mine has already been) and what my specialists' request. Keep trying to call to get an estimated date, the last call last week and was told they will give me 2 weeks notice. The specialist has also tried to see what is happening with no success either. Still waiting...181 days and counting.

Response from Gayle Smith, Executive Director, Quality, Planning and Innovation, Eastern Health

Dear WaitingWaitingWaiting,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Patient Opinion. I am sorry that you have not received your surgery within 90 days and also that you have not been able to get confirmation of your estimated date. In order for us to follow up your particular circumstances, I would like to invite you to contact one of our Patient Relations Advisors in the Eastern Health Centre for Patient Experience either by calling 1800 EASTERN or emailing feedback@easternhealth.org.au.

I hope that we hear from you soon.

Regards,

Gayle

• WaitingWaitingWaiting doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful

Update posted by WaitingWaitingWaiting (the patient)

Calling 1800 eastern would be great if you could actually get through to someone. Finally got a date (today) only to wait for 6 hours and then get cancelled. Ropeable is an understatement.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear WaitingWaitingWaiting

Thank you again for your post on Patient Opinion. It's very clear there are a number of areas we need to do better at.

I would like to invite you to make contact with my office so we can find out what happened and also work through 'where to from here'. You can do this either via calling 03 9895 3259 or emailing me directly at david.plunkett@easternhealth.org.au.

In the meantime, we will review what is happened regarding the 1800 EASTERN number. Thank you for alerting us to this.

Hope to hear from you soon.

David