You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Foyer seating"

About: Box Hill Hospital

(as a service user),

Hi, I attend outpatient appointments every now and again. I come in through and leave via the main foyer area. At times I have declined to sit and wait on the couch style seating near the taxi phone. Over the past few moths I have seen the couches become fairly dirty looking and stained, and with due respect they look pretty disgusting. There seem to be cleaners washing the windows and cleaning the floors but the couches look uncared for. Either a darker material or a regular clean seems to be required. It has been months between my outpatient appointments and they look as dirty as they ever do. I understand you have more meaningful issues to deal with but I thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Response from Gayle Smith, Executive Director, Quality, Planning and Innovation, Eastern Health We are preparing to make a change

Dear lynxpn94,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. I will pass your feedback on to the cleaning staff and make sure they attend to the couches.

I trust they will be cleaner on your next visit.

with regards,

Gayle

Dear lynxpn94,

I can now report that the couches have been cleaned. In addition, we have asked one the cleaning team leaders to have a look at the couches and she has reported that due to the type of fabcis covering the couches, the stains are not easy to remove. So, even through the couches are now clean some stains remain. We are investigating the possibility of swapping those couches with some others and hope to be able to do that shortly.

Thanks you once again for your feedback,

regards,