"All aspects of my care was outstanding"

About: Wonthaggi Hospital

I had a total hip replacement last month. The whole experience was outstanding for me. Kim, the admissions officer, was totally professional and very kind and caring, she referred me to Dr Yalamber, the anaesthetist, who managed my pain levels and came to see me every day for 9 days to check on my condition, he was also very kind and caring he couldn't have done more for me. My surgeon Dr Rodney also did a fantastic job in getting my operation done in 10 weeks. The nursing staff went over and above the call of duty and all were wonderful to me I couldn't have asked for more from them. Overall Wonthaggi Hospital made my stay an excellent experience from start to finish and I can't thank everyone enough. Thank you all so much.

P.S. The food was great too.

Kind regards.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health

Dear hydrush39,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such wonderful feedback about your surgical experience at Wonthaggi Hospital. Our Theatre staff and our Ward staff will be very thrilled to read your post (as will our kitchen staff), and I will make sure Yalumbar and Rodney get to hear your lovely words as well. We feel very blessed to have such wonderful staff at BCH and I genuinely appreciate their commitment to their local community. I hope your recovery progresses well and thanks again!

Kind Regards, Jan