"Falls Prevention Program"

About: Allied Health (Bass Coast Health)

I'm so glad that I've participated in the Falls Prevention Program. I had 6 falls in the last 12 months and have M.S. It's been very beneficial and I was lucky to have Claire (physiotherapist) recognise that I need extra physiotherapy and speech therapy with Lindsay, both of which I am continuing with.

It made me feel better and stronger and I'm learning to be more careful, and have had no falls.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health

Dear Quaqz73,

Wow - there is no better outcome for a Falls Prevention program, than for it to prevent someone from falling. Well Done to you! It can be very frightening and also very disabling to fall, and that you have been able to benefit is a testament to your application of the program learnings. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback - our Allied Health staff are pretty wonderful at what they do, and they will be chuffed to read this. I am glad we have been able to play a small part if helping you feel stronger and better.

Kind Regards, Jan.