"Poor communication regarding operation time"

About: Liverpool Hospital

(as a carer),

We were supposed to get a call with regards to the time for my elderly parent's upcoming operation. Spent hours with my parent at pre-admission going from room to room being told the same thing over. That afternoon I rang pre-admission about not receiving a call or time for the operation. They said perioperative would call that evening. Received no call so left a message on voicemail at pre-admission.

I then rang hospital switch who put me through to perioperative to have them tell me that a call was made early today to the number we had erased from our records, to let us know that there was no bed and no operation. Apparently pre-admission called and yet when I contacted them they said perioperative would be ringing. Seriously? Not only do they call a number no longer related to my parent, but they lie about me still getting a call for the operation time when there isn't going to be an operation. Nice treatment of mucking around an elderly person, disgusting lack of respect and care factor.