"Retina Detachment and follow up Cataract Surgery"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital

Less than two years ago I had a retina detachment. I was driven my spouse from Dubbo to Sydney Eye Hospital. Left Dubbo at midday and arrived in Sydney later that night. Was seen too on arrival and given priority attention. Due to the degree of detachment, operation was booked for Saturday, nothing could be achieved doing anything Friday evening. Operation was done Saturday night and discharged Sunday lunchtime.

Recently I had cataract removal surgery on the same eye as this is common after previous surgery. Went in Monday morning and out Tuesday mid morning.

2 operations, 7 follow up appointments and I have nothing but praise for every single person that works in the hospital, including cleaners up to the specialist. I wish I could give you all a pay rise or put you on show to the world to show them that you are all legends/heroes. You will always be in my thoughts and love for your caring, loving and professional help. I am absolutely terrified of needles but the way the operations were explained to me, your honesty, was a real human touch. Thank you all once again, God bless you all.

Response from Barbara Daly, Acting Director of Nursing, SSEH, Sydney Hospital & Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear West Dubbo Rabbit

Thank you very much for taking the time to acknowledge our dedicated, professional and caring staff throughout the hospital. I am very happy to hear you’ve had such a positive experience, especially considering the distance you and your spouse have had to travel for care.

Your warm and heartfelt thanks will be shared with the hospital staff.

All the best in your continuing recovery.

Barbara