"Hospital stay for major surgery"

About: Bunbury Hospital

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer shortly before I was admitted to Bunbury Regional Hospital.

I went through the day procedure office and the whole process was very smooth. Nurses and staff were all awesome, and without fault. Woke up in a surgery ward with four beds and constant care. The nurses are amazing.

I didn't meet one nurse or care giver that didn't care for all the patients above and beyond.

However, there isn't enough staff and these nurses are running around. They do way too much, and the whole hospital is so busy. Even in Emergency where majority need to be admitted to have care in a ward, the staff are struggling to reach everyone. They are all truly amazing, but in my opinion the government need to give the nurses and all care givers more help and more staff.

Response from Glen Matters, Bunbury Operations Manager, WACHS South West

Dear Hopefully,

I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. Thank you for your feedback acknowledging our wonderful hard working staff and yes our nurses are amazing.

We value their commitment and dedication to providing excellent patient care. Please be assured that we continue to work to provide support to our staff to ensure that they are able to provide quality care.

Regards