"Thank you Roadmaps"

About: Roadmaps Mobile Outreach Program

(as a service user),

I was getting pushed into residential rehabilitation from all directions and I couldn't believe my luck when Roadmaps came along and I could attend locally.

I have had issues with alcohol for several years and have found now I have given up so much and let my life revolve around it. I had a professional career, music, community interests & sport before I found the Roadmaps group was made up of people with different drug or alcohol issues. But as a group, we all learned that no matter what the substance Roadmaps pushed me to think about issues, actions, consequences, and how a substance issue impacts the lives of many, not just the person with the issue.

Response from Lara McLaughlin, Quality Co-ordinator, Lives Lived Well

Dear firers67,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed Roadmaps. I agree that the Roadmaps program is a much better fit than residential rehab for many people. There are so many programs and treatment options available, and it's just about finding the one that is right for you. Congratulations for finding it!

I hope you find music again, a career and that life in general involves gets better. Take the lessons learned at Roadmaps and use them every day!

I wish you all the best on your journey of recovery. If you need more support please contact Roadmaps again, or Lives Lived Well on 1300 596 366.

Kind regards,