"A Positive Experience at Box Hill Hospital"

About: Box Hill Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

My child was unwell and I took them to Box Hill Hospital. I understood there was a long waiting time and the staff were very helpful and checked on my child while we waited.

The leading Doctor and Nurse in Paediatrics that night were wonderful. They spoke to my child with respect, they were inspirational and were amazing role models. We may not have got all the answers we needed but their genuine care was heart felt.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Parent of patient,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience when bringing your unwell child to Box Hill Hospital. This must have been a challenging time for you all and I was so pleased that, notwithstanding this, your experience was positive.

Eastern Health has values of Patients First, Kindness, Respect, Excellence, Agility and Humility and is very clear these were evident in your experience. It will give me great pleasure to share your comments with the doctor and nurse in Paediatrics and their manager so they see the impact of their efforts.

I trust your child has recovered and is back to doing all things children do!

Kind regards and best wishes.

David

• Parent of patient thinks this response is helpful