"Day procedure couldn't have been more friendly or helpful."

About: Yarra Ranges Health

I had a day procedure at Yarra Ranges. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. My questions were answered as well as my needs anticipated. I was offered a hot blanket because it was cold, very comfy, the tv changer because I had to wait. The nurses had a chat too which was lovely. Genuine and caring too. Better than the experience I recently had in a private hospital. Well done public health.

Response from Alan Lilly, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Genuine

Many thanks for sharing your very positive story on Patient Opinion - it is great to receive such favourable feedback. We are receiving many terrific stories like yours following admissions to Yarra Ranges Health and that's a great thing.

I also appreciate your comment with regard to how good the public system is - indeed, whilst the system does get "knocked" from time to time, feedback on Patient Opinion indicates that overwhelmingly, public health care is highly regarded.

I will pass your feedback on to Sue Wilson (Nurse Manager) and her team as well as the management team at Yarra Ranges Health too - you're sure to give them an extra spring in their step today! Thanks again for taking the time to write and I hope that you are otherwise keeping well.

Kind regards, Alan Lilly.

• Genuine thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Genuine (the patient)

I'm pleased to hear from you, yes, public health can get a bad rap but my experience has always found the nurses and doctors very dedicated. Well done !