Patient Opinion is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Patient Opinion may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th February 2011.
Information we may collect from you
We deliberately aim to keep what we know about you to a minimum. Unlike many sites, we prefer not to know your full name, your date of birth or your full address. That way, you can feel free to tell us your story honestly.
However, if you provide it to us, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.patientopinion.org.au (our Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How we store and may transfer your personal data
- We will keep all your details secure and private. This means that we will never give or sell your postcode or email address to anyone unless you give us permission in advance, or unless compelled to do so by a court order or to help prevent a crime.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Other uses we may make of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not sell your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Communications with you
From time to time we might contact you by email. This might be to remind you of your appointments, or to ask you to fill in a short questionnaire about how a hospital visit went.
Sometimes we might contact you to ask your opinion about a specific service that we think will be relevant to you. For example, we might ask you your views about changes to visiting hours for a hospital ward you have recently been to. This way, other patients can benefit from your experience. If you prefer not to receive any of these emails just let us know.
There may be circumstances where another user asks us to contact you by email or otherwise. In these circumstances we will never provide your contact details but may, if we deem it appropriate, contact you to ask for your permission to provide specified contact details to the other person. You would be under no obligation to provide your contact details.
Patient Opinion is a not for profit charitable organisation. This means that we are not covered by the Freedom of Information Act.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Data Controller,
Patient Opinion Australia,
PO Box 588, Everton Park, Queensland 4053.
© 2005-12 Patient Opinion Australia
page last updated 11th February 2016