"Access to disabled facilities"

About: Albany Health Campus

(as a parent/guardian),

Attending the hospital for an outpatient appointment for my daughter, took her to use the toilet. The alcove where the door for the disabled toilet is located has been used to store what looks like physio equipment! Anyone using a wheelchair or walking aid would not be able to access the accessible toilet!

Response from WACHS - Great Southern We are preparing to make a change

Dear AlbanyMum

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell me of your experience with your daughter at the Albany Health Campus. Access to disabled toilets and other facilities must be clear of equipment and any other obstacles at all times.

Thank you also for your prompt action in informing the staff nearby of the issue. Whilst I know that the area was immediately cleared as a result of your feedback, the Allied Health Manager and the Albany Health Campus Operations Manager are working together to ensure this does not occur again.

I really value feedback from our community as it helps us to identify areas for improvement. I hope that your feedback will encourage others in our community to do the same.

I will let you know any of any improvements that are made as a result of your feedback.

Susan Kay

Regional Director

• AlbanyMum thinks this response is helpful