"Geraldton ED"

About: Geraldton Community Health Service Geraldton Hospital / Emergency Department

Recently I was feeling unwell with an abscess and unable to access a GP appointment for a few days,

I went to ED as I felt worse, my arm was tight hot and sore.

From the moment I arrived I can honestly say I was treated in a very professional manner and given options in my own health care planning,

The ED doctor was very nice and understanding. She consulted a senior doctor who suggested I could have a surgical consult or go home on oral antibiotics. I chose the surgical consult.

The surgical doctor discussed the options with me of a procedure in ED or being admitted and having to possibly go to theatre the following day.

I chose the procedure in ED and both doctors proceeded to do that. They were quick, gentle and kept my mind off the procedure with conversation.

I was then waiting for a bed and quite cold so the surgical doctor wrapped warm flannel sheets around me. The nursing staff were very kind and kept watch as my IV antibiotics went through.

I was admitted overnight and had more antibiotics. The staff in Maternity were fabulous.

I had a home visit from a nurse the following day for a wound dressing change.

I have since been attending Post Acute Care Service for wound dressings daily. These nurses are fab, the service they provide is excellent.

From start to finish I have been very impressed at the level of excellent service our hospital provides.

Response from Michele Young, Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services, WACHS - Midwest

Dear Driving Miss Daisy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Patient Opinion, I hope you are now doing well.

It is great to hear that your experience with the care team at Geraldton Hospital has been respectful and consumer led.

Our staff strive to provide patient centred care and it is feedback such as yours that reinforces what we are doing well.

I have passed on your feedback to the Geraldton Hospital Operations Manager, who is pleased to read your comments and has asked me to convey his thanks to you.

Feedback like yours will provide a real lift for our dedicated and caring staff who are committed to delivering the best care possible.

We will ensure that the staff involved in your care receive your praise and thanks; I'm sure they will be thrilled to receive such glowing compliments.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion.

Regards,