"Caring staff at Bunbury Hospital ED"

About: Bunbury Hospital / Emergency Department

I presented to the ED twice with chest pain and fast heart rate. I was frightened and stressed and very anxious. Going anywhere near health care I become very anxious. I have lost family members here in sad circumstances previously and it is difficult to fight my flight response. But staff reassured me with telling me their names, calling me by mine. Taking time to talk with me and explain what was happening. Telling me I was safe and treating me both professionally and kindly. Thank you to everyone in the ED and Short Stay Unit. Should I ever need to go to the hospital again I will find it easier.

Response from Denise Clement, Nurse Unit Manager Critical Care, Bunbury Hospital, WACHS South West

Dear Just another anxious patient

Thank you for your lovely comments on your recent experience in the Bunbury Hospital Emergency Department and then your admission to our Short Stay Unit.

I am very pleased that the staff were able to provide a supportive and safe environment and helped ally your anxiety at such a stressful time.

I hope you are continuing to make good progress on your recovery and thank you for taking the time to share your experience online via Patient Opinion.

Yours sincerely

Denise Clement

Nurse Unit Manager

Emergency Department Bunbury Hospital

• Just another anxious patient thinks this response is helpful