"Staff professionalism and empathy"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology)

My retina had detached earlier this year and I could not have asked for a better hospital to be at. From the moment I stepped through the doors I was extremely impressed by the care and attention every single staff member gave me. Receptionists, nurses and doctors - everyone was so kind and attentive. It is honestly the first time I felt completely at ease in a hospital knowing that all my questions would be answered with patience. I highly commend those who take the lead in creating a welcoming environment and would like to particularly thank doctors Nadar, Vivek, Kate, Tracey, Sebastian, Alex and many more. You all work tirelessly for others and do it with a smile on your face and with empathy. Qualities highly valued and needed in today's society. So again - thank you!

Response from Jennie Barry, General Manager, Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear OO,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful reflection of your care at Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital. I am delighted to hear that the staff were caring, professional and treated you with expert clinical care. I will most certainly ensure that the staff receive your feedback.

I trust that you're progressing well in your recovery.

Kind Regards

Jennie

• oo thinks this response is helpful