"Emergency admission and surgery"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital / DB2N - Urology / Orthopaedics Ward Prince of Wales Hospital / Emergency Department

I am not one given to writing letters of complaint or praise, however, on this occasion it is warranted and I must state my absolute appreciation, thanks and praise to Prince of Wales Hospital. I attended the emergency department recently after my GP had informed me I needed to go. From my arrival until my discharge I experienced nothing but total professionalism, kindness, and compassion. I was diagnosed with a larger than normal kidney stone causing severe pain. From Brendan, the triage nurse who first saw me, to the doctor and other staff who examined me, including CT staff, I have nothing but praise. I suffer from severe hearing loss but all staff took that into account and were quite wonderful. Special thanks must go to Lovelace, anaesthetist David, other staff in the emergency department and 23-hour surgery unit whose names I cannot recall or remember seeing. A very special mention to nurse Diana who was on duty in the emergency ward who was just fantastic - my own Florence Nightingale! All showed an incredible dedication to their work and I am beyond grateful for their care. Prince of Wales Hospital should be, and I assume you are, extremely proud of your staff. I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks and great appreciation to the staff and departments involved especially those mentioned by name. All staff I saw were brilliant, no matter where I was.

Response from Pauline Rumma, Director, Clinical Services, Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear deltaxk34

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your positive experience when attending the Emergency Department and the 23hr Unit at Prince of Wales Hospital.

The need to attend an Emergency Department is rarely by choice so I was pleased to read that the staff were welcoming and you felt confident in the care and treatment you received.

It will give me great pleasure to share your feedback with the managers and all the staff mentioned and I trust you are recovering well from your health issue.

Take care and kind regards

Pauline