"Wonderful transition care"

About: Transition Care Program - WACHS Midwest

Recently I was discharged from Geraldton Hospital and as part of the discharge process, I took part in their Transition Care Program.

This was a big help and I would like to say thank you to all the staff that assisted me through the program. I couldn't fault their care.

I have finished the program and settled back in at home, and was told to call if I needed any further assistance.

Thank you all very much.

Response from Michele Young, Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services, WACHS - Midwest

Dear grateful for the help

Thank you for sharing your experience on Patient Opinion. It was lovely to read your kind words about the Transition Care team. The Transition Care Program aims to provide continued support for people after a hospital admission as they transition back to their home. The team work together with clients, like yourself, families and carers to develop an individual plan to improve and maintain independence and confidence at home after a stay in hospital.

I will take great pleasure in passing your compliment on to our Transition Care Program team, I know they will love to hear your positive feedback.

Thanks again for taking the time to write, I hope you are well and truly on the mend.

Kindest regards