"Minor surgery for my mother"

About: Box Hill Hospital

(as a relative),

Recently we finished treatment for a basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) at Box Hill Hospital for my elderly mother. We experienced excellent and kind care from the nursing staff and doctors. We had very little, and sometimes no wait time for appointments. We understand luck may have been on our side too, as sometimes there is an emergency and staff are called away.

I've had to visit recently as a patient too and again found the care excellent, thoughtful and thorough. Thank you!

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear januaryxe73

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback on both your and your mother's recent experiences at Box Hill Hospital.

I was so pleased to read you experienced excellence and kind care, which are two of Eastern Health values. So many of our staff live the Eastern Health values of Patient First, Kindness, Respect, Excellence, Agility and Humility each and every day and obviously the staff who provided care and service to you and your mother were no exception!

I trust you are both recovering well and have the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day this weekend!

David