"My care in Fiona Stanley Hospital A&E Department"

About: Fiona Stanley Hospital / Emergency Department

I recently presented to Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) Accident and Emergency Department. I had experienced a long-haul flight 36 hours previously and thought I might have a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) due to the constant throbbing pain in my calf.

I was triaged promptly  and assessed within a reasonable time.

All staff members introduced themselves and explained what they were going to do - that included orderlies, clerks, nurses, doctors, radiographer and sonographer.

Thankfully the tests were all clear. I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the streamlined care and with how pleasant everyone was.

Response from Janet Zagari, Executive Director Transformation, South Metropolitan Health Service, South Metropolitan Health Service

Dear CCW,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story on Patient Opinion. It is always rewarding for staff when a patient or relative takes the time to comment so positively on their experience.

Your kind words about teamwork and communication is heartening to hear; excellence and compassion are key values we uphold and I am proud to hear that these were reflected in your experience.

I will ensure that the ED staff are made aware of your comments, as positive feedback such as your story is a real morale booster.

I hope that you are recovering well.

Janet Zagari

• CCW thinks this response is helpful