"It feels like the Care Factor is 0"

About: Perth Children's Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

After hitting a brick wall with the relevant department I rang the PCH Social Work dept asking for help, as I was unable to find details for a patient liaison service.

Received 2 callbacks from the social work front desk about who was going to call me - the right person to speak with. Apparently ASAP means something different at PCH because it's 10 days later and I have still not received that call.

Add that to the other promises of a call from other staff from 2-3 weeks ago....

I did chase these calls up at first, but when you begin to see the people you are talking with don't seem to care - it's not their child, not their life in upheaval- you give up trying to communicate effectively & asking for help.

Response from Victor Cheng, Executive Director, Health Service Managament

Dear purplejellie

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. I’m sorry that you’re having this experience at PCH.

I encourage you to contact the Child and Family Engagement Service on 6456 0032 or via CAHSFeedback@health.wa.gov.au and they will be able to assist you.

Best wishes

Dr Victor Cheng
Executive Director
Perth Children's Hospital | Mental Health | Community Health

• purplejellie doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful