"Esperance Hospital Emergency Department"

About: Esperance Health Campus

While on holiday in Esperance I burnt my arm and needed treatment. I went to the Emergency Department and they looked after me very well. I basically went straight in and the nurse looked at my burn & started treatment straight away. It took a while for the doctor on duty to be able to check it, but I could hear that there were other patients being looked after who were of more need than me so I didn't mind. After the doctor cleared me, the nurse put a dressing on the burn and because we were continuing on our trip, even gave me an extra dressing in case I needed it (which I did).

Response from Geraldine Ennis, Regional Director, WACHS - Goldfields

Dear Onion,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience at the Esperance Hospital Emergency Department.

It is reassuring for me to hear your story and it will be with great pleasure that I will pass on such positive feedback to the staff involved in your care. I appreciate your understanding that staff can be drawn in many directions and prioritising workloads can be challenging.

I hope your holiday is going well and without further incident.

Geraldine M Ennis PSM

Regional Director

WACHS Goldfields

• Onion thinks this response is helpful