"Eye surgery"

About: Bunbury Hospital

Recently I underwent eye surgery at the Day Surgery Unit at Bunbury Hospital.

All pre op Nursing Staff, the anaesthetist Chris, surgical Staff/ Dr Alasdair's team and post op Staff were amazing.

I felt very well looked after from the moment I checked in with Tania, at the admin desk.

All Nurses were very caring and knowledgeable.

The surgical team and anaesthetic team (including the anaesthetic tech) introduced themselves to me.

Jodie, in the post op room, was extremely friendly and made sure I was safe to go home. She was very careful, getting my attention by touching me instead of making me open my eyes (what could be very painful). I really appreciate it. She made sure I had enough pain relief and she discussed all the post op instructions with me and my NOK (Next of Kin). She is a great practitioner, an exceptional nurse.

All Staff who looked after me showed a high level of professionalism and I wanted to say thanks for the great job you all do.

Response from Barry Moroney, Nurse Unit Manager Theatre, Bunbury Hospital, WACHS South West

Dear cepheusnb46

Thanks for posting your wonderful feedback on Patient Opinion. It is pleasing to see that our efforts don’t go unnoticed.

I am delighted that all your needs during your time with us were delivered professionally and with great care. I am very fortunate to be able work with such a wonderful team and I will make sure your feedback is given to the team.

I trust that you are making a full recovery and thanks again for taking time to let us know about your experience with us.

Yours sincerely