"My child's hospital stay"

About: Hedland Health Campus / Emergency Department

(as a parent/guardian),

My child was admitted unwell for 2 days on IV Fluids and antibiotics. The care from Claire and Lana was especially amazing. They took the time and effort to go the extra mile and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you Claire and Lana for taking such good care of my child. Lana sat with my child when they were feeling very nauseous and calmed my child down during the night. These two were standouts amongst many staff of doctors, nurses, PCA's (personal care assistants), medical imaging staff who were very supportive and helpful during my child's stay from the Emergency Department to discharge and back to the Emergency Department. Everyone needs commending. I myself am a health care worker and recognised the fabulous job the staff did.

Response from Clinical Audit & Evaluation Coordinator, Patient Safety & Quality, WA Country Health Service (WACHS) - Pilbara

Dear Brolga,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the care provided in the Emergency Department at Hedland Health Campus. We always appreciate patients and carers taking the time to provide feedback on Patient Opinion, as it is a testament to the hard work and quality of care provided by our staff.

As a health care worker yourself I am sure you will understand the importance of providing clinical care with compassion and understanding. We are pleased to hear that you and your child experienced such care from all clinical and non-clinical staff. Your wonderful feedback has been shared with our ED staff, and we wish you and your family all the best with your health.

Saria Tahsin