"Health information provided by the Rural Primary Health Nurses"

About: Rural Primary Health Service (Murrumbidgee Medicare Local)

(as a service user),

I am new to the area and contacted Libby and Sarah at Murrumbidgee to discuss health care needs for myself and my in-laws. In particular I was asking about women health care needs, sensitive issues and diabetes. Libby and Sarah were easy to talk to, very helpful, empathic and knowledgeable in regards to appropriate doctors to see and where to go for help. They seemed to pay close attention to my individual needs and not just provide information on a general health basis. We had been feeling isolated and disconnected in the area and they really improved our sense of connection to health in the area, and connected us to health reach, and things like podiatrists, dentists, dieticians. They were even helpful in regards to things like head lice and the school health service and Department of Education. They were absolutely wonderful and I just can't say enough about them.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from Cate Creswick, Executive Officer, Murrumbidgee Medicare Local

Thanks for this lovely feedback about our Primary Health Nurse services. Your comments have been passed onto the nurses.

I am sorry I am only replying to this now.

Cate