"Excessive waiting times (Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital)"

About: Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital / Clinical oncology

Hi, I have been receiving treatment for breast cancer at the RBH for the past three years. I completed treatment and now have 6 monthly check ups with the surgeon, radiation oncologist and Oncologist. I receive a letter with an appointment time usually for 9am. It is not unusual for me to be still waiting to be seen at 12pm. The quickest time I have been seen by the oncologist was 2 hours past my scheduled appointment time. This is very difficult with a three year old daughter in tow who is very restless after the 1. 5 hour car ride to attend the hospital. I attend 4 other hospitals in Brisbane, Redcliffe and Caboolture for care and this is the only hospital that keeps me waiting longer than 30 minutes. When I question reception staff about the wait times they merely state that the doctors are running late. I think these waiting times for scheduled appointments are totally pathetic. I understand if there are emergencies or urgent cases that need to be seen, but this happens each and every time I attend this hospital. Why can the doctors at the other hospitals regularly run on time or pretty close to it?

Recently read