"My experience at Maroondah Hospital was pleasant and comfortable"

About: Maroondah Hospital Mitcham Private Hospital

A few months ago I was diagnosed with some nasties in my right breast, which followed a stream of doctors' and hospital visits. I ended up having a right breast biopsy at Mitcham Private Hospital on the advice of my doctor. I ended up with severe bruising, which I thought would be expected. This led to the removal of a lump at Maroondah Hospital.

Recently there was some questionable calcification in the left breast which led to a core biopsy at Maroondah Hospital. WOW! what a difference, Sue took me under her wing with outstanding compassion, where I was led to see Lynette who was so gentle with me. I then had the biopsy performed by the most gentlest & professional of doctors. My experience with Maroondah not only was pleasant and comfortable but there was bruising the size of a 5 cent coin.

Score board is up Maroondah 1.....Mitcham Private 0.

Thank you to all the staff at Maroondah.

Response from Alan Lilly, Chief Executive, Eastern Health

Dear Smee30

Thank you for sharing your story on Patient Opinion. I am so pleased that you have had a good experience at Maroondah Hospital and sharing your story on Patient Opinion is a great way to "spread the word" and maintain public confidence in the services we provide. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our staff and their managers and I know they will be very happy ro read your story as it reinforces the things that matter most.

I hope that you are continuing your recovery. I recall that you have posted previously too so thanks again smee30 for your supportive feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

kind regards, Alan Lilly