"My stay in RPH."

About: Royal Perth Hospital

Earlier this year I was admitted to RPH as I had a flare up of ulcerative colitis, which I first experienced in 2000. I have never been in hospital except for having two children. After my stay I have made the comment that everyone should have to go to hospital to experience the wonderful care and dedication of the nursing staff. They are amazing. It makes me very sad (and angry) to see how some patients treat them. I am also very grateful to my doctor for his care over the last 16 1/2 years. I am also thankful to the registrars, orderlies, volunteers, cleaners, and all staff who are involved with patient care and services.

Response from Aresh Anwar, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group

Dear Smiling,

Firstly can I thank you for taking the time to write. Secondly can I apologise for responding so slowly. I have passed on your kind message to the team and I know they will feel elated by the feedback. As you highlight they are a very dynamic and caring TEAM, however their focus is very much on ensuring, as much as possible, that people are kept well so as to never have an inpatient experience. I would also like to thank you for drawing attention to the range of individuals that are involved in bringing the whole thing together – team working is an aspect of work that we very much emphasise and value.

With thanks and wishing you continued recovery.

Dr Aresh Anwar