You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Pathology Collection."

About: PathWest Kalamunda Collection Centre

I’ve just returned from having bloods taken at the Kalamunda WA path lab. In all my years of having bloods taken, and if you look at my history, it’s quite a lot; this is by  far the most painful bloods I’ve ever had taken.

The phlebotomist was polite on entry, but it was such a robotic experience which has left me in pain due to the needle being pressed on during the process and a lack of aftercare once the needle is removed.

I have such prominent/open (I believe, easy to take bloods from) veins for this process, so I’m quite upset by this outcome.

I think this person needs to have her bloods taken so she can understand how painful it can be when the needle is not held in the correct way.

Thanks for your time.

Response from Tracy Dixon, A/General Manager, QEII Network, PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA

Dear Kalamunda,

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your experience at our Kalamunda collection rooms. It is always the intention of PathWest to provide our clients with the most comfortable, pain-free collection possible, and I apologise that in this instance you did not receive this.

We do take feedback such as this seriously, and in order to follow up with the staff member involved could I please request that you contact our Manager of Specimen Collection, Mrs Elaine Toogood on 6457 4514, so that we can investigate further?

Tracy Dixon