"Admission to emergency"

About: Esperance Health Campus / Emergency Department

My family and I were down from Perth and camping in Esperance. I suddenly started feeling dizzy and nauseous. We were a bit scared about what it could be - from a spider bite to a brain tumour/stroke. By the time we got to emergency, I was unable to walk and was persistently vomiting.

I ended up staying in hospital for a couple of days and have nothing but praise for all the staff. Dr Mike was amazing; very thorough and always took the time to talk to us and answer our questions. He even followed up with me after I was discharged.

The nurses were all lovely and made my stay so much better than it could have been - Mika, Deb and others (apologies for not remembering all your names).

The kitchen staff and porters were also lovely and attentive.

Since returning to Perth, I have been telling people about how great the Esperance Hospital is and the warmth and friendliness of the staff.

My sincere thanks to everyone.

juneqz55

Response from Geraldine Ennis, Regional Director, WACHS - Goldfields

Dear juneqz55,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback and we hope your recovery is progressing well. I understand that a hospital stay isn’t the way a person wants to spend their Esperance camping holiday.

It will be with great pleasure that I pass on your kind words to the team at the Esperance Hospital.

Kind Regards,