"My experience at Prince of Wales Hospital as a patient"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital / DB3 - Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU) Prince of Wales Hospital / DB3S - Cardiothoracic Surgery Ward

I was recently diagnosed with triple vessel disease which required Bypass Heart Surgery and was scheduled for surgery at Prince of Wales Hospital. Prior and post surgery, I was an inpatient on ward Dickinson 3 South with a small stay in Cardiothoracic ICU.

The nursing staff on both wards were diligent, caring and compassionate and made my stay comfortable and felt safe and in good hands.

Response from Barbara Daly, Acting Director of Nursing, SSEH, Sydney Hospital & Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear februaryfr69

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your recent experience after having coronary artery bypass surgery. It is pleasing and rewarding to hear that the staff on Dickinson 3 South and CTICU were diligent, caring and compassionate.

These are core values for our organisation and we encourage all our staff to deliver care in a compassionate and respectful manner. It's reassuring that the staff that looked after you emulated and delivered care in a professional way to uphold these values and ensure your safety during your period of hospitalisation.

We are delighted to hear your surgery was successful and we hope you are now making a full recovery

Thanking you for sharing your experience with us. We will share your kind words and appreciation with all the staff involved in your care

Yours sincerely