"Chronic pain and depression."

About: Rockingham General Hospital

Over the years I have suffered from chronic pain and depression.  I have had major surgery on my upper back with no success pain level.

Recently I went to Rockingham Hospital, despite being told to attend Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.  I felt that I was neglected at Rockingham Hospital and that it was due to mis-information provide by a doctor at Sir Charles Gairdner that I have never met, or even asked to see.

Response from Kath Smith, Executive Director, Rockingham Peel Group, South Metropolitan Health Service

Dear Extreme Back Pain,

On behalf of Rockingham General Hospital (RGH) I sincerely apologise for any neglect that you may have felt during your visit to our hospital. Our staff always endeavour to ensure that all patients are cared for as soon as possible and so to not have met that for you raises concerns.

If you would like me to undertake a full investigate into your attendance I ask that you may please contact our Consumer Liaison Officers at rgh.feedback@health.wa.gov.au.

kind regards