You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Child's broken nose not fixed"

About: Fiona Stanley Hospital Harvey Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a parent/guardian),

Went to the unattended Harvey Hospital Emergency Department late afternoon, no care given,  a routine set of obs were taken only because my child was taken through and that's protocol! I was told by a doctor, that I feel was rude, standing there with their arms crossed that simply looked at my child's nose without even looking up the nose (ended up being a broken nose obstructing the air way) that no X-ray could be done and there's nothing any doctor would do. Was in and out once, put through in 5 minutes.

I'm glad I got that 2nd opinion to fix the broken nose so my child could breathe properly and not have a crooked nose for the rest of their life! Thanks Fiona Stanley.

No way would I go back to Harvey, I feel they are rude and made us feel like we'd wasted their time. It's not the first incident at this hospital but it sure will be our last! It's unfortunate that it's the closest hospital and has had an influx of money spent there. Disappointing.

Response from Jeremy Higgins, Operations Manager, Inland, WACHS South West

Dear A joke,

I’m sorry and concerned to hear about your experience at Harvey Hospital. I’m glad to hear your child has received treatment for their broken nose. If you could please phone me on 0438 062 341 if possible to discuss what occurred in more detail, so I can investigate what occurred.

Kind regards,

Jeremy Higgins

Operations Manager, Inland

Response from Neil Doverty, Executive Director, Fiona Stanley Fremantle Hospitals Group, South Metropolitan Health Service

Dear A joke,

I am glad to hear that we were able to assist in fixing your child’s nose. Thank you for your kind comment.

Neil Doverty