You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Left the hospital feeling the same as when I arrived."

About: Bunbury Hospital

Presented to Collie ED department about lunch time, with particular symptoms, seen by doctor at Collie who then phoned Bunbury ED as she felt I needed to have a scan done, she was advised to send me to Bunbury,

As no ambulance available at the time my partner drove me to Bunbury as it was going to be quicker than waiting for an ambulance.

I arrived at Bunbury hospital that afternoon was then left in the ED waiting room until the early evening even though I was expected from the Collie hospital.

I was put in a cubicle after alerting staff that I was feeling worse, another hour before anybody came to see me, given panadol and ibuprofen and bag of fluids then sent home, still feeling the same as when I arrived.

Response from Lucy Murphy, A/District Manager, Wellington, WACHS - South West

Dear Tingling,

I hope that you are now feeling better. In regards to the ambulance availability in Collie if you would like to contact me on 0438 104 845, I can investigate this on behalf of the Collie Hospital and with St John Ambulance Service.

If at any time you are in hospital and feel you have not had an appropriate response to your care WACHS South West also have a Care Call line available 24/7 phone: 1800 744 059. Your call will go to an Executive member who will respond to your concerns immediately.

Lucy Murphy

A/District Manager Wellington (Collie, Harvey and Donnybrook)

Response from Denise Clement, Nurse Unit Manager Critical Care, Bunbury Hospital, WACHS South West

Dear Tingling,

Thank you for providing feedback on Patient Opinion regarding your recent presentation to the Bunbury Hospital Emergency Department. I am concerned that you did not feel the service was of the high standard which we strive to provide and would welcome the opportunity to investigate your issues and provide specific feedback.

I would be grateful if you would contact the Customer Liaison Team on 9722 1521 so we can progress this as soon as possible.

Kind Regards