"Going to Bruce Rock Hospital after my fall"

About: Bruce Rock Memorial Health Service

I had a fall at home. I tripped over my dog and unfortunately startled her and she bit me. There was blood everywhere so I called my grandson who took me to Bruce Rock Hospital.

I am going on the flying doctor to Perth but have spent the day being looked after by the lovely staff at Bruce Rock Hospital. Nothing has been too much trouble - not even a shower and washing my clothes so I have a clean set to wear when I am in Perth.

I was really worried about going on the plane and about going to Perth but the nurse has explained everything as many times as I asked and I am now feeling much better. I really could not have asked for better care.

If you're going to hurt yourself and end up in the hospital Bruce Rock is the place to go!

Response from Sean Conlan, Regional Director, WA Country Health Service - Wheatbelt

Dear patient12345

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I was delighted to read about your positive experience. It is really important for us to provide a safe, compassionate and caring environment for our patients and to ensure that we explain and reassure patients at every step of the journey.

Our staff at Brue Rock pride themselves on this and it was great to read the nurse treating you did exactly this.

It will give me great pleasure in passing on your kind words to them – it will definitely brighten their day.

Your story will also be shared with the staff across the region as it highlights that giving a little compassion and reassurance can have an immensely positive impact on a patient’s experience.

Again thank you for taking the time to write and I hope you are well on the road to recovery.

Best wishes