"Routine check up"

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology)

I am a Glaucoma patient, and have had Cataract surgery and Retinal Detachment, both done in Sydney Eye Hospital.

As I was going on an overseas trip, the Eye Specialist wanted to check my eyes - they arranged for me to have a visual field test and they let the staff know about my appointment. I went in  that day to have it done.

The nurse who attended to me treated me badly, and didn’t give me my doctor's appointment originally. I was very shocked and upset because I have been a patient for many years and they knew that I am going overseas. As I was leaving the hospital another staff member came to me and took me to my test - arranging the appointment for me.

Response from Barbara Daly, ESCM Nurse Manager, Prince of Wales Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital

Dear xrayqc43,

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry that you experienced poor service by the first nurse. We expect all our patients to be treated with respect and dignity. I will ensure your experience is shared with the manager and other staff to remind them of the expected standards of professional conduct and to raise awareness of the need for courteous & empathetic interactions with patients.

Your feedback is valuable to us so again, thank you.

All the best