"A good experience for a day procedure"

About: Kalgoorlie Health Campus

I had to go in for my first colonoscopy, which also happened to be my first hospital admission as an adult, or theatre admission of any kind.

I was fairly apprehensive about going to theatre for the first time, but right from my first pre-admission appointment, the staff made me feel comfortable.

On the day of the procedure, all of the staff from Day Ward through to Theatre and back again (including clerks, PCAs, nurses and doctors) were great, and were very calming and respectful of me, making what can be an embarrassing procedure a smooth easy day.

I particularly appreciated this, as being from a regional town, I was also concerned about potentially seeing staff I knew on the day and afterwards! They made me feel very relaxed and I have a lot of respect for what they do on a daily basis!

Nil complaints! Thank you so much for your professionalism and excellent care.

Response from David Bowdidge, Operations Manager, WACHS - Goldfields

Dear capellaeg87,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I can imagine your concern around privacy and having never having been to theatre before would have caused more anxiety than, as you found, it needed to.

Our Theatre staff are very experienced in managing and respecting situations such as yours and I am pleased to receive your public appreciation as it may be more widely read and help others in similar situations alay their concerns.

Once again thank you, I will pass on your feedback to the Theatre staff, I am sure they will be delighted to receive it.

Kind Regards,